7/25/12

Raspberry Donuts

Happiness, for me, is a raspberry filled donut and a chocolate milk heavy from Shipley's.  


Be still, my heart. 


Let there never be any question why I need some sort of diet plan as these are the things that I love. 


Luckily, I don't live in the same town as a Shipleys.  


Luckily, I have invested in a do nut pan so that I can meet my do-nut needs in a less waist line sabotaging fashion.  


Luckily, I made that huge cake that time with raspberry jam and I discovered it's awesomeness.


Lucky gal, I am.  


Go on, now.  Bake yourself some raspberry donuts.     
Raspberry Glazed Donuts
adapted from Oh She Glows 

1 cup flour
1/3 cup of sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of milk
1 egg
1 tbl melted butter
1/2 cup of raspberries
2 tsp raspberry jam 

Glaze:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cold milk

Preheat oven to 425.  Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  In another bowl, combine the milk, egg, and butter.  Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients.  Combine.  

In a small food processor, combine the raspberries and the jam.  Add this mixture to the batter.  Pour the batter into a ziplock bag with one of the corners cut off.  Pipe this into donut pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  

Bake for 7-9  minutes or until donuts are springy to the touch.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool on cooling racks.  

Combine all of the ingredients for the glaze in a small bowl.  Dunk each donut, on both sides, into the glaze and return it to the cooling racks until glaze is set.  

Serving size 1 donut (makes 8)
Points plus 6 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I must go find a donut pan now. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer told me these were great...cant believe you own a donut pan. Making me long for the days of no kids when I could cook cool things just because.....Of course I would not trade them in!!! Your blog inspires me but also just makes me laugh!!! Shannon

    ReplyDelete