8/8/12

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

For starters, I wish you could see how I had "Mediterranean" spelled before spell check intervened. 

For second, I'd like to add "not giving up after that first disastrous attempt at Quinoa" to the list of things I am grateful for today. 

For third, I'd like to go to Greece.  Anyone want to take me? 

Eh.  Worth a shot.  

Since I can't go to Greece I guess I'll just eat a heck-ton of feta.  And olives.  And cucumbers.  And quinoa.  Well.  quinoa doesn't really have anything to do with Greece but I figured I'd just toss it in there for good measure and giggles.  
OK but back to you taking me to Greece.  Kind of.  

I'd love to go on a food trip soon.   You know.  One of those trips where you just eat and drink and eat and eat dessert the whole time?  If not Greece, how about New Orleans?  

Yep.  Needing a food vacay real real soon.  Who's in?

In the meantime....

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
from Eat Live Run

1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups water
2 cups sliced grape tomatos
1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives 
3/4 cup feta cheese
1 1/2 tbl olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer.  Combine the quinoa and the water.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, cook for about 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed.  Fluff with a fork and allow quinoa to cool.  

In a large bowl, place the tomatoes, cucumber and olives.  Add in the quinoa once it's cooled.  Top with feta cheese.  Add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Toss well. 

Serving size 1 cup (makes 6 servings)
Points plus 6

I have been taking this to work for lunch with a few leaves of lettuce topped in.  It kind of ROCKS.  


1 comment:

  1. Your list of NOLA restaurants to hit is waiting for you...just say the word.

    We also have an available guest suite. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete