8/13/12

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares

Hey.  Sup.  I have something for you.
It's a portable snack / breakfast / treat / situation.  

You see, I never eat my breakfast at home.  Who has time for that?  Not me, that's for sure.  

It's for this reason that I'm always hunting for an easy yet portable breakfast idea.  Some of my favorites are: oatmeal, breakfast burritos, yogurt, veggie sausage patties.  Did I also mention that it needs to be filling?  Well, it does.  My appetite rivals that of a buffalo in the mornings and who wants to start of their day being hangry?  Not me, that's (again) for sure.  

So.  Enter these little bars of goodness.  Packed with oats, peanut butter, a banana.  That's something, right?  I mean it's full of more armored calories rather than empty calories, right? Where is my nutrition teacher when I need her?  

I really should have taken those case studies a little more seriously.  

Oh, well.  

Get your bar on!  
Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Squares
from Gingerbread Bagels

1 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 large mashed banana
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.  Add in the vanilla, milk and egg. Combine. 

Pour in a lightly sprayed 8x8 baking pan.  Bake for about 20 minutes.  Cut into nine equal squares.

Serving size 1 square (makes 9)
Points plus 4

No comments:

Post a Comment