8/14/12

Trail Mix

According to Facebook, summer is over and school has started back.  

Alls I know is that summer can go on with it's hot self.  Since I work year round, have a wonky car a/c and am prone to heat rash...I don't have much for summer.  Bring on the fall!  

Fur some of you, however, the end of fall might mean the start of homework, soccer practice and lunch packing.  If that's something that is stressful for you...let me help.  

Two words:  TRAIL MIX.    

Dump it in a bag, toss it in your purse, feed it to your kids when everyone is starting to get hangry.  I made this to take to the Sunflower River Blues festival in hopes that it would keep me from face planting into a funnel cake.
While I was able to keep away from the funnel cakes, I was not strong enough to avoid the corn dogs.  But seriously, y'all, why would you want to avoid the corn dogs at a music festival?  They slather them with mustard and it is ridiculous.  

Ridiculously awesome.  

Happy snacking!   
Easy Trail Mix
adapted from Skinny Taste

2/3 cup diced dried mango
2/3 cup dried cherries
2/3 cup dried blueberries
1 cup unsalted almonds
1 cup unsalted pistachios
1 cup chocolate covered raisins

Combine all ingredients, store it in a zip lock, go on with your bad self.  

Serving size 1/4 cup
Points plus 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment