9/11/12

Fritatta for One

I love a potato.  But not a sweet one.  Also, I don't fall over myself getting to a baked one. 

So really, I just like french fries.  And hashbrowns.  And home fries. 

So I like potatoes that are fried.  That's probably a better way to describe things. 

You know where a potato works?  In a frittata.  Yes mam.  Works beautifully.  

You know what is a lovey vessel for cooking said frittata?  A baby black iron skillet.

I made this the morning of Labor Day.  That's one of the reasons that I like a random day off of work, it's a great excuse to spend a little bit more time making breakfast. Most people would say it's a great time to spent a little bit more time in the biscuit.  But not me.  I'm pretty much awake every morning at six regardless of anything and frankly, I get a little bored.  No reason not to get up and experiment with frittatas.    
Veggie Frittata

2 oz red potatoes, chopped
bell pepper
onion
green onions
1 egg
1 egg white
2 slices thin swiss cheese (or 1/2 oz of other cheese)

Preheat the stove the medium heat, spray your skillet with a little bit of cooking spray.  Add in the onion, bell pepper and potatoes and cook until everything gets soft.  

Lightly beat the egg and the egg white.  Pour it into the pan.  Season it all up with salt and pepper and let it sit there for a bit, firming up and cooking through. Place the two slices of Swiss atop the frittata.

Put the oven on broil, stick the skillet in the oven.  Let it cook for a few more minutes until it puffs up and browns and the cheese is melted.  

Enjoy!

Makes one serving
Points plus 5  

No comments:

Post a Comment