9/24/12

Quinoa Tabbouleh

"Wow! That dish was good but what it really needed was more parsley!"

Said no one ever. 

This simple fact was reinforced in my life recently when I made this dish, more specifically DOUBLED this dish, for a party that I couldn't even attend due to a bad headache.

I know, I know.  "A bad headache" is like the worst excuse ever to miss a party but cut me some slack.  I get the migraines and sometimes lose my words when I have them.  Instead of scaring everyone at the party into thinking I'm having a stroke, I choose to just stay home.

ANYWAY. 

Sooo the parsley thing.  This dish really was tasty.  Fresh, crisp, nutritionally dense.  The package. 

But 'cept. 

That parsley. 

Never have I ever had an issue with parsley. Until now.  It was just to much!  Ooorrrr it was not chopped fine enough.  Seriously, guys, it was probably that.  It probably would have been fine had I simply taken a few extra minutes to acutally chop it up to the size it should have been.  But instead, I had my rushey-pants on and took the quick way out. 

Shame on me. 

And shame on YOU if you don't try this!! 
Quinoa Tabbouleh
adapted from All Recipes

2 cups water
1 cup qunioa
1 pinch salt
1 tbl olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup lemon juice
3 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, diced
1 bunches of green onions, diced
2 carrots, grated
fresh parsley, chopped (the recipe calls for one cup but you already know how I feel about that)

Bring the water to a boil in a sauce pan.  Add the quinoa and a ping of salt, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. Bring to room temperature and fluff with a fork.

Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl, add in quinoa. 

Serving size 1 cup (makes six servings)
Points plus 5

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the migraines- I used to get them all the time and still get them every now & then. I wouldn't wish them on anyone & I have missed my share of things due to a killer headache- hope all is well now!

    ReplyDelete