10/29/12

Beer Cheese Dip

Beer + Cheese is always a winning combination.  Or at least in my book.  

Those of you that have been reading this bliggity-blog for a while know that I've never met a cheese I didn't like.  The same is true for most dips and many beers.  When I saw this beer cheese dip in the most recent issue of Delta Magazine it was pretty obvious town that I would make them.  

This dip was muy fallish.  Couple it with some buddies, wine and a firepit and it was insta fall gathering worthy of a roof raise.

It was also worth of a sharp in front/blurry in the back pretzel picture.  What, what aperture??  

A word on this dip...it has a very stout flavor to it.  I thought it was going to be to much BUT it's oddly enough evened out by the the pretzels.  I guess it's a food science thing...perhaps I'll call Alton Brown!   
Beer and Cheese Dip
from Delta Magazine

1 8 oz package cream cheese (softened)
8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
3/4 cup of beer
1 1/2 tsp dried mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt

Cut cream cheese into chunks and place in a food processor.  Add 1/2 cup of beer and pulse until smooth.  Gradually add small amounts of cheese and pulse until combined.  dd remaining beer and rest of the ingredients and blend well.  Chill until ready to serve.  

Serve with pretzels.       

No comments:

Post a Comment