10/3/12

Crockpot BBQ Beef

For starters, did you know it was Crock-tober?  Crock and Roll, y'all!!

Mooooving on.  

I was a red hot mess making this dish.  For realz, you guys. 

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I started making it at 2 o'clock in the AM.  What had happened was that I had woken wide-a awake and couldn't for the life of me go back to bed. Instead of dwelling on this unfortunate event I decided to get on up and make some crock pot tacos.  

Makes perfect sense, right?  Of course it does. 

With the Big Browne Hound at my side, I embarked on this little culinary adventure only to realize that I had purchased not just the wrong cut of meat but the wrong animal as well.

Dag nabbit.  

Soooo instead of having pulled pork tacos we were having pulled beef tacos.  And since it was 2 in the AM, we were having them for lunch instead of dinner.  

I guess there are worse things than having tacos for lunch instead of dinner.  And having beef instead of pork.  And being awake at 2 in the AM instead of sawing logs.  At least I got a jump start on my day....

But don't worry kids.  No, don't ever worry about me.  As per usual, I feel back asleep around five AM.  Consider my middle of the night taco making an intermission of sorts.  

Alls well the ends well and these tacos were well indeed.  I had them several different ways over the course of the leftovers.  In a taco, in a quesadilla, even on a bun as a sandwich.  Also, I wanted to try them with some qunioa stirred in.  You know.  Just to take it to the next level.  But I didn't.  But maybe you can try it.  Report back!

Bye. 
Crockpot BBQ Beef
adapted from How Sweet It Is

1 (3.2) lb rump roast
1 tbl onion powder
1 tbl smoked paprika
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
12 oz of beer
16 oz of BBQ sauce (I rocked Sweet Baby Rays)

In a large pan, sear the rump roast on all sides.  

Put the onion powder, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, beer and BBQ sauce in a crock pot.  Place the meat in there with it and cook on low for 8 hours.  Shred the meat with 2 forks and serve according to taste!

Serving size 1/3 cup (makes 15)
Points plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment