10/18/12

Gorilla Bread

Today I'm going to do something that I don't do very often.  Today I'm going to share with you a Paula Deen recipe.  And not a post diabetes, she's turned over a new leaf recipe.  No no.  We're talking a legit, Fatty McFatFat, over the top, O.G. Paula Deen recipe.  Eeeeeeee!  Can't you just smell the butter already?  

I made this a few weeks ago to have for breakfast when my friends came to spend the night with me and Brandon.  The two moms of babes had to get up and head home pretty early which left a lot of gorilla bread for not a lot of people.  Whoops.  

Win and I enjoyed some along with a cup 'o coffee and the Clarion Ledger, Brandon had a taste when he stumbled in the den around 830 AM.  My favorite, however, was Lindsey.   Lindsey had three pieces and then proceeded to do little else for the next four hours.  Three pieces doesn't sound like to much until you remember that three pieces of gorilla bread = three biscuits.  I informed L-Dog of this when she was lawling around in a pre diabetic coma. 

It could have been worse, though.  I reduced the amount of sugar and butter by a good little bit. Mainly, you know, because I like my teeth and would like to have them for at least a little bit longer.  
Gorilla Bread
adapted from Food Network

1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
6 tbl butter
3/4 cup brown sugar, paced
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
20 refrigerated biscuits

Preheat oven to 350.  

Spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray . Mix the granulated sugar and the cinnamon well, set aside.  In a sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, set aside. Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal squares.  Lay the biscuits out and gently smush them out a little.  Top them with some of the cinnamon and sugar. Place one bit of cream cheese into the center of each biscuit and form into a ball.  Place the biscuits into the pan, sprinkle with some of the Cinnamon sugar and pour half of the melted butter on top.  Repeat one more time.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Allow to cool for 5 minutes.  Invert over a plate and serve. 

Serving size 1 biscuit
Points plus 6

1 comment: