10/24/12

Healthy Sesame Chicken

This was one of those meals that upon taking my first bite, I had to lower my head and silently raise the roof for a few seconds.  Like, had to.  Some dishes are just that good.

What makes it even better is that it was homemade and healthy-ish.  

The alternative is Mai Little China which is perhaps "homemade" but is not even a little bit close to "healthy-ish."

Brandon and I are both pretty quick to give up on supper and get take out.  All I have to do is sigh deeply and proclaim my monumental tiredness and he says, "Sweetie don't worry about cooking!  I know you are tired.  Let's just pick something up." 

Which is awesome because that was my plan all along.  Mua-ha-haaaa-ha

But.  Remember that time I said I was reigning it in?  Yup.  Still doing that.  Soooo when one is reigning it in, one finds healthy quick dishes to whip together on a weeknight.  

And then one raises the roof....  
Healthy Sesame Chicken
from Food.Com

1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut up into chunks
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
2 tbl sesame seeds, toasted
green onions, chopped (I left these out because my side had some green onions in it)

Combine the flour, salt, pepper and chicken in a large zip lock back.  Shake to coat.  

Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, heat to medium high heat.  Add the chicken and cook until it is done.  Remove and transfer to a plate. 

Reduce the heat to medium.  Combine the soy sauce and the sugar to the skillet.  Cook, stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves.  This will turn into a hot, sticky mess...you've been warned. 

Add the sesame oil and the sesame seeds.  Add the chicken, stir to combine.  

Serving size 1/4 of recipe
Points Plus 6        
 

No comments:

Post a Comment