10/23/12

Pumpkin Muffins

Hey guys.  I'm afraid I've fallen victim to the fall time trend of freaking the freak out over pumpkin.  

I've got the creamer and the front door decor.  My pinterest boards runneth over with cheesecakes and breads and  biscuits.  

Oh my

Naturally, I was delighted when I found what appeared to be a kick-a pumpkin themed recipe in my trusty Chapel of the Cross cookbook.  It was for pumpkin muffins and seeing as how we were about to head to King Biscuit, I was looking for a portable breakfast something.  I also had everything except for the pumpkin in my pantry.  

It's kind of like the heavens opened and revealed this to me. 

You may not think that God has time to point out what recipes I should try but I do.  I believe God is, among other things, a dessert lover so of course he wanted me to try this . 

Duh, guys.  

These are almost more cake than muffin.  I would imagine that slathering a cream cheese based icing would not only be good but ridiculous as well.  If you try it, let me know!

Peace, pumpkin people.    
Pumpkin Muffins
from Chapel of the Cross

1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups AP flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
4 eggs
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extrat
2 cups chopped walnuts (I omitted those)

Preheat oven to 375.  

In a large bowl combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Cut in the butter using two knives.  In a separate bowl, combine the sugars, eggs, pumpkin, milk and vanilla.  Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.  If your using them, fold in the walnuts.  Divide batter among 24 muffin tins.  Bake for 18-24 minutes or until done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment