10/4/12

Spicy Sausage Pasta

Well hey!  Happy Thursday!   Let's cut to the chase and get right down to business with some spicy sausage pasta.   Yeeeeeyahhhhh!

I made it for some friends a few weekends ago, we were all so pumped about digging in that I didn't even figure out the serving size to calculate the points.   

Living. On. The. Edge. Over. Here.  

What I do know is that the entire dish was 72 WW plus.  This means that if I ate the whole thing for supper I couldn't eat anything else for 3-4 days.  That would be difficult.  I don't like to miss a snack, much less all meals for 3-4 days.  

Let me just put this out there.  If I don't eat for 3-4 days you should probably check me in some where because something has gone terribly, terribly wrong.      
Spicy Sausage Pasta

1 tsp olive oil
1 package smoke turkey sausage, sliced (I use butterball)
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, pressed
2 cups fat free chicken broth
1 10 oz can of rotel
1/2 cup heavy cream
8 oz uncooked penne
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 green onions, chopped

Heat oil over medium high in an oven proof skillet.  Add the sausage and the onion, cook about 4 minutes.  Add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds. 

Add the broth, rotel, cream, penne and bring to a boil.  Cover the skillet, reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring once or twice while cooking.  Preheat broiler while the pasta is cooking.  

Remove from heat and stir in 3/4 cup of cheese.  Top with the green onions and the remaining cheese. Broil about three minutes or until cheese it lightly browned. 

1 comment: