11/12/12

Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan

At mi casa, few things are more celebrated than the making of chicken Parmesan.  Or rather, Brandon is celebrating.  I'm often rolling my eyes at the idea of having to engage in so many steps.  How's that for joyful giving?  Yes, I know.  I need to work on it...

Anywho.  Brandon loves the chicken parmesan and I love the easy food sooooo I set out to find something that would make us both celebrate.  Leave it to Gina's Skinny Taste to make all of that happen.  

The hunt for a new chicken parm recipe was spurred by Brandon's request for Chicken Parmesan sandwiches.  This little beauty you see below was lovingly placed between two slices of toasted Mockingbird Bakery bread and I do not regret doing any of it.

Enjoy!  And one more thing...some day soon, I'm making this sans the sauce and the cheese for a sassy chicken salad.  Clever, huh?         
Baked Chicken Parmesan
from Skinny Taste

4 8 oz chicken breast, sliced in half (so that they are thin)
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbl melted butter
3/4 cup marinara sauce (I used jarred!)
cooking spray

Preheat the oven to 450.  Coat a large baking skeet with cooking spray. 

Combine parmesan and bread crumbs in a bowl.  Melt the butter in another bowl.  Lightly brush the chicken with the butter, drag it through the cheese/bread crumb mixture.  

Repeat with all the chicken.  Place the baking sheet in the oven, spray the tops with a little cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes. Turn over and bake for 5 more minutes. 

Remove from the oven and top with 1 tbl of sauce and 1 1/2 tbl of cheese.  Return to the oven and bake for 5 more minutes.  

Serving size 1 piece (makes 8)
Points plus 6     

No comments:

Post a Comment