11/28/12

Super Spicy Buffalo Chicken Soup

If you've known me for any length of time then you are probably aware that I have an aversion to meat that is on a bone.  I don't love a rib, a wing, a drummett...none of it.

Despite not loving a wing, I do love (like L-O-V-E) the buffalo chicken taste.  Buffalo chicken dip?  Hello, old friendBuffalo chicken salad? Dying to make it.  

Not sure where the love comes.  I don't really like hot food.  Maybe, just maybe, it's just an excuse to eat blue cheese.  

I do love that blue cheese.... 

Sooooo.  When I found a recipe for Buffalo Chicken Soup in my favorite little cookbook, I knew that I just had to give it a try.  While it doesn't contain blue cheese AND it's hotter than the Delta in August...it's a keeper!  Just make sure that you've got celery and sour cream to cut the heat.  And a gallon of water.  And maybe some milk.  And some ice cream.  And a friend/significant other/acquaintance around just in case some spice gets caught in your throat and you think you are choking like I just did.  That Big Browne Hound, he doesn't know the universal symbol for choking

Seriously, folks.  It's that hot...
Super Spicy Buffalo Chicken Soup 
adapted from Chapel of the Cross

2 bunches of green onions, chopped
3 ribs of celery, chopped
1/4 cup of unsalted butter
1/4 cup of flour
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 chicken breasts, chopped and cooked
1 cup of chicken wing sauce
1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp garlic salt.  

Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the green onions and the celery and cook until its soft.  Sir in flour until smooth.  Slowly add milk and chicken broth.  Transfer to slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients and cook on low for 3-4 hours.     

 
    

 

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious - sounds perfect for a cold day inside watching football

    ReplyDelete