12/4/12

Black Pepper and Parmesan Beer Bread

Did you know that if I wasn't a therapist (or in some sort of helping profession) then I would be a baker?  Or have a lunch place?  Or some combination of the two. 
Why?  Well here are just a few of my reasons:
  • I am a naturally early riser
  • I love to dress casually at work
  • I enjoy quiet alone time
  • I have (self proclaimed) amazing taste in sweets/baked goods
  • I love to follow very specific directions  
So see?  Doesn't it just make sense that I would be a baker?  Yes.  Yes it does.  

Since I'm not quite ready to abandon my clinical life,  I meet my baking needs with trying new treats as I feel led.  You've already read about the cookies, let's now turn our attention to beer bread.  

Beer bread is dense and delicious, slightly sweet and heart warming.  It's a great palate for adding festive flavors, in this case it was black pepper and Parmesan.  What's next?  Who knows.   You'll have to stay tuned for that. 

In the mean time...whip up some black pepper and Parmesan beer bread!!
Black Pepper and Parmesan Beer Bread
from Spoon Fork Bacon

3 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tbl sugar
1 tbl baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
12 oz beer (use a good, flavorful one!  Not just a mich ultra guys)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and divided
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 - 2 tbl fresh black pepper

Preheat oven to 375.  Lightly grease a loaf pan and set it aside.

Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and combine.  Make a well and pour in the beer, 1/2 of the butter, the cheese and the pepper.  Transfer to a loaf pan and top with the remaining butter. 

Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. 

Allow to cool and cut into 12 equal slices

Serving size 1 slice
Points plus 7

No comments:

Post a Comment