12/19/12

Chocolate Chip Pizza

I'm really sorry for what I'm about to share with you.  Because seriously, there's no reason for any of us to have this recipe. 
Why?  Because it's dangerous.  I mean, it's not atom bomb or crystal meth dangerous, but it could do some damage to your self worth if you let the consumption get out of control.  It's probably not healthy for someone to say:

"Hurmmm.  I've got a taste for something sweet!  I think I'll just heat myself up a piece of that chocolate chip pizza.  Yes!  That's what I'll do." 

No.  That's not healthy.  

But it's lovely.  And isn't that what the holidays are all about?  Loveliness?  And chocolate?  And making it easier to narrow down what your New Years Resolution should be?

This recipe is pretty darn close to the Pizza Inn Chocolate Chip pizza recipe.  This is why I'm apologizing. To know this pizza is to love it dearly.  I would make just a few changes to this recipe if I made it again.  However, I don't think I'll make it again because it was real good and not something that I can trust myself to be in the same house with.  Kind of like that tub of holiday trash that is hanging out right to my left in my cubicle right now.  Once I took that bow off and had myself a taste it was all over and done with...  

OK so the changes.  The "filling" of this was super super super thick.  The recipe calls for 1 box of yellow cake mix and 2 sticks of butter.  I'll probably do 1/2 box of cake mix and 1 stick of butter next time, just for kicks and experiments and less thickness.  

Let me know what you think!   

Pizza Inn Chocolate Chip Pizza
from Ashlea Terhune Photography

1 refrigerated pizza crust, thin
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 sticks of melted butter
chocolate chips
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar

Spread the pizza crust out on a large baking sheet and prebake according to the package directions. 

Combine the cake mix and the butter, spread this mixture on top of the prebaked pizza crust.  Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top of the cake mix.  Combine both sugars and sprinkle them on top of the chocolate chips. 

Bake for 7-12 minutes or until the chips are melted and the top is starting to brown. 

1 comment: