12/6/12

Oven Roasted Burgers

I was going to call these "I'm Out of BBQ Sauce Burgers" but that wouldn't really make much sense would it?  
However, it probably wouldn't shock your system much if I did something on this blog that didn't make much sense as you lovely readers probably spend lots of time wondering what in the hell I am talking about. 

But I digress. 

One night this week I was all geared up to make Sloppy Joes, Slop, Sloppy Joes.  Buns and ground beef had been purchased along with some frozen broccoli for a side.  When I went to throw the joes together, it dawned on me (horrors) that I was out of BBQ sauce. 

Eek!  Who can make sloppy joes without BBQ?  Not me!  Luckily, I was in the mood to keep it real and not panic so I just chose, simply, to make burgers.  Brandon was delighted.  BB was even more delighted!  Said delight quickly changed to disapointment when he realized that burger night did not include him and that he would be eating his ridiculously expensive hound food.  He did protest by stretching out the length of the kitchen, ergo preventing me from freely moving about.
Oven Roasted Burgers

1 1/4 lb lean ground beef
1 tbl Worcestershire
1 tsp kosher salt
chili powder, to taste
garlic black pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 475.  
 
Combine all ingredients. Divide mixture into four equal parts and form into patties.    

Cook for 13 minutes or until they reach desired doneness.   

Serving size 1 hamburger patty
Points plus 5

No comments:

Post a Comment