1/17/13

What I Ate When I Was a Vegan For That One Day :: Week Two and Cutie Couscous

Breakfast.  Breakfast is hard.  Everything has animal products in it!  Or your bread has something growing on it.  Wait, what?  That didn't happen I swear. 

But breakfast.  Really.  It's hard out there for a 1/7 Vegan.  I had some peanut butter on a wheat bun, might be one of the strangest things I've eaten for breakfast in some time.  

But lunch.  Lunch was a bright spot!  There was tons of vegetable soup and a salad with black beans, avocados and little tomatoes. 
Avocados might be my new best friend.  I wanted to eat the whole thing but I refrained.  Shared it with one of my co workers instead.  Kind of like a friendship bracelet but different.  

Dinner was another bright spot.  A boca burger with lettuce and such and a bowl of Cutie Couscous.  
Cutie couscous?  What?  Yes.  You read right.  Couscous with cuties in it. Here, my friends, is the recipe:

Cutie Couscous
from WW Magazine

2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 cup low sodium vegitable broth
3/4 cup couscous 
3 clementines
1 cup of halved grape tomatos
2 green onions, chopped
1 tbl sliced almonds  

Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan.  Add the ginger and cook 30 seconds.  Add in the broth and bring to a boil.  Stir in couscous, cover, remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.  Fluff with a fork.  Add the juice of one clementine.  Peel the other two clementines and add the slices to the couscous.  Add in the tomatoes, green onions and almonds.     

Serving size 3/4 cup (makes about 4)
Points plus 5  

No comments:

Post a Comment