2/12/13

Marinated Baked Pork Chops

Those of you that have a vent-a-hood have no idea how lucky you are.  

That may sound dramatic but I'm being serious.  I can't really fry anything up in our rental house because of our lack of vent-a-hood.  I mean, that's probably not a bad thing, who really needs to fry things, but I wish I had the option.  

For example, Monday night's dinner was going to be some panko crusted lightly fried pork chops from the Dinner: A Love Story cookbook.  It was Brandon who gently reminded me of all the times that I'd try to fry things in the past, a situation that usually ended with me frustrated, stomping around the house and flinging doors open.  

Well, I says to him, dejected and loosing hope, what should I do with these chops, then?    

Why don't you just bake them? he says.  

Huh.  Good idea, yo.  

So that's what I did.  The result was an easy and tasty chop that was Brandon AND Big Browne approved.  

One day, ya'll, I'll have a house with a fence and a vent-a-hood and double doors that open up to a patio.  
   

Marinated Baked Pork Chops
from All Recipes

5 thin bone in pork chops
1 tbl soy sauce
2 tbl vegetable oil
1 tbl worcestershire sauce
2 tbl brown sugar
2 tbl ketchup
1 tsp lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

Place the chops in a large baking dish, two if need be.  Combine the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl.  Brush half of the sauce over the top of the chops.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Turn the chops over, brush with the remaining sauce and bake for 30 more minutes. 

Serving size 1 pork chop
Points plus 6  

**Spell check not working, that's what's up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment