3/14/13

Relay for Life 2013 :: Against the Wind - Team Szady

Who doesn't love a good, solid charitable organization?  You know I do.  I'm always asking you guys, along with my friends and family, for money.  Akitas, the children, whatever.  It's the social worker in me.  I'm not scared to ask.  Seriously guys.  We are blessed.  

I'm lucky this year to be a part of my first ever Relay for Life situation.  Along with several awesome Greenwood people, I'm a part of Team Szady.   This team was created by my friend Beth Barnes to honor her cousin, Michael Szady.  Here's a word from Beth:

This year I am putting together a team for Relay for Life to honor the memory of my cousin Michael Szady who lost his battle with cancer last May. 

Michael Szady is the oldest of all my cousins and blazed a trail in life that is an honor for us to follow. First one to go to an Ivy league School, travel the world playing Rugby, pioneering research at MIT,  starting his own business and becoming a family man. In the eloquent words of his brother, " No one finished 43 years more than Michael. He finished everything with passion, competitiveness and love. Michael proved that it is not the total amount of time we have here --it's how you live, and what you do, that truly matters"

Michael loved many things great wine, Bob Seeger, the Boston Red Soxs, science and technology, and a good long running joke. In his honor, we will live happily ever after, listen to Bob Seeger, and pass along his zeal and passion for life.
 
Michael sounds like an awesome guy, I'm glad to be a part of this team! 
 
During this time, I'll be remembering those no longer here and praying for this that are currently fighting.  Hopefully, money raised this year will help ease that fight and get us closer to a cure. 
  My Grandfather, a cancer survivor and all around good dude
 
You want to help?  AWESOME-SAUCE.  Here's what you do!
 
Simply visit my team website by clicking HERE. Once you get there, you can either make a general donation OR you can purchase a luminaria in honor or of in memory of someone special who has been touched by cancer.  The luminarias will light up the track the night of the event; I can't wait to see it!
 
If you'd like to mail a check for your donation, no problem!  Shoot me an email ( lmmccaleb@gmail.com ) and we can take it from there.  
 
Thanks for considering a donation to this wonderful cause!
 
 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment