4/16/13

Another Easy Chicken Parmesan

Well it's been entirely to long since we've talked about Chicken Parmesan on this blog, eh?  Just to catch you up, it's still Brandon's favorite and I still don't trip over myself to make it.  

I think it's the pounding of the chicken that gets me.  

Sick.   

And confession:  It's really hard for me to blawg about chicken Parmesan because I think I've written about it 12 times before.  

Anywho.    This chicken parm recipe is solid.  It's pretty quick, quite tasty, Brandon approved and cheesy.  But like cheesy gooey not cheesy awkward.  Boil up some pasta and throw together a salad and you will be done.  And people will be impressed.  And you'll be happy and full and ready for stretch pants.  Stretch pants, by the by, is my favorite thing to be ready for. This is probably the least surprising thing you've read all day, huh? 
I made the choice to not use any reduced fat type stuff in this recipe.  I do not regret this choice one bit, real cheese is the best cheese...that's for damn sure.  Consider this my attempt at clean eating.  We'll call it clean enough or sorta clean.  
Easy Chicken Parmesan
from Southern Food

4 chicken breast, pounded thin
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 tbl olive oil
8 oz jarred spaghetti sauce
4 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced to four slices
4 tbl grated Parmesan  

Preheat oven to 350.

Whisk together egg and milk.  Dredge the chicken breast in the egg/milk mixture and then dredge through breadcrumbs. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Brown the chicken in the hot oil, about 3 minutes on each side.  Work in batches if you need to.  Transfer chicken to a baking dish.  

Top the chicken with the sauce, one slice of mozzarella each and 1 tbl of grated Parmesan.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until bubbly.    

Serving size 1 piece of chicken
Points plus 12 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment