4/1/13

Cheddar Beef Crisps and CBC March 2013

Hey guys!  I'm back and delighted (and maybe still a little full) to tell you about our most recent Cookbook Club gathering.  As per usual, the food rocked along with the company.  AND it was on a Thursday  night.  We seem to rock even more when we gather on a Thursday night.  It's a mind thing, I guess.  Sally forth to the food!   

The cookbook that we are working out of is the Jackson Junior League classic, Come On In. For those of you that have this cookbook, I'm listing the page numbers for reference.  Here's what we did this go round.  



Cheddar Beef Crisps (page 31)
Delta Cheese Rolls (page 32)
White Bean and Feta Salad (page 71)
Deviled Eggs (Dill Stuffed and Scallion Stuffed) (page 221)
Asparagus with Caper Dill Sauce (page 144)
Pecan Crusted Chicken (page 102)
Chocolate Charlotte with Strawberries (page 210) (regrettably, no picture!)

Our cocktail was Prosecco and St. Germain....a combination that I'm pretty sure they serve in heaven.  Hence the addition of hearts to that photo.   
Soooo.  Every one of these recipes I would make again with only minor adjustments.  Solid CBC, people.  Solid.  

My contribution was the cheddar beef crisps, a lovely little pickup very worthy of being served at your next gathering.  When I make it again, I'll cut back on the mayonnaise a bitNot because I'm trying to be healthy but because to much of a good thing can, in fact, be to much.  Also, I used rye bread slices cut into fourths instead of rye crackers as that's what I could find.  I, personally, enjoyed the softer toast type situation but you might prefer a cracker.  Either way, no judgment here.  I've got your back regardless of the bread you choose.  Because I'm loyal like that...

Cheddar Beef Crisps
adapted from Come on In

1 cup of mayo
1 jar of dried beef, chopped up small
4 oz of cheddar cheese, shredded
1 small can of pitted ripe olives, chopped up small
slices of rye bread, cut into fourths

Preheat oven to 375.  

Combine the mayonnaise, beef, cheese and olives in a small bowl.  

Place the bread on a baking sheet and toast for a few minutes.  Remove from the oven and flip the bread to where the toasted side is down. Spoon mixture atop the breadReturn to the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until everything is melted and delicious.  

Serve immediately.         
  

No comments:

Post a Comment