4/29/13

Cilantro Pesto

At first glance, this might look a little nursty, which is kind of like nasty but said with more attitude. 

The same attitude, in fact, that one just might find over at the Thug Kitchen.  Have you checked out the Thug Kitchen?  It uses language to describe vegan recipes that would make a sailor blush...quite clever if you ask me.  Using shock value to jolt people into awareness of what they are eating.  Well played, Thug Kitchen, well played.

I whipped up this cilantro pesto on one of my vegan days.  I had it, along with some black beans and an avocado, wrapped up in a flour tortilla.  I think it would also rock with some pasta or maybe even a crudite.  I don't know.  Get crazy.  Let your hair down.  Life is entirely to short to not experiment with your pesto.     
Cilantro Pesto
adapted from Thug Kitchen

1 large bunch of cilantro, chopped
2/3 cup slivered almonds
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbl lemon juice 
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend.  

Serving size 1 tbl (makes 20)
Points plus 1  

No comments:

Post a Comment