5/6/13

A Church Fellowship (Olive and Cheese Bread)

I am one lucky duck to be involved in such a wonderful church. Church was always a big part of my life and my family's life and I'm happy to continue this as an adult.  

A few weeks ago the young adults of The Church of the Nativity gathered over wonderful food and drinks to visit and further the awesome community of faith that we have.  Our church has had such a wonderful energy as of late as we have welcomed a new Priest in Charge and his family.  Looking forward to what's next!

Any good gathering must have food.  Our gathering started at 630 and wine was served, we knew that we would want to have grub that would be heavy enough to offer sustenance but easy enough to be picked up and eaten whilst visiting.  Enter:  The Pioneer Woman's Olive and Cheese Bread.  Hello, love.  Let's be friends forever.  Salty and cheesy, kind of tastes like a little slice of heaven.  This was appropriate since we were, in fact, at a church function.  This one, it's a keeper!    
Olive and Cheese Bread
from Pioneer Woman

1 loaf of French bread, cut in half length wise
6 oz pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
6 oz black olives, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 stick of butter, room temp
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
3/4 pounds Monterey Jack Cheese, grated

Preheat the oven to 325.  

Combine all ingredients and spread in over the french bread.  I found it helpful to combine the mayo and the butter with my mixer first but you do whatever.  

Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning.  

Cut into pieces and serve!

The mixture would also rock as a dip.  How do I know?  Because I absolutely scraped the bowl with tortilla chips while I was waiting on it to cook.     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment