5/17/13

A Few on Friday!

Hey!  Sorry for the lack of posting this week.  Don't worry, y'all.  I'm eating.  I'm just not writing about it.  Sister girl don't miss a meal.  

Sally forth
  
1.  You got an extra $5?  Sweet.  Maybe throw it towards the fundraiser for this sweet, sweet boxer with one eye that has been taken in by North MS Boxer Rescue.  You can donate here!  No, I know nothing about boxers and am not about to get a pack of them BUT I have such a soft spot for hounds that have been hungry and mistreated and are in need.  Be one of the helpers, y'all.   

2.  You know who's not in need?  This guy.  Especially since he's got this spacious wagon to cruise around in!
Who knew that the Akita loved to ride so much?

3. Maybe your wondering "well Laura Merrill, what is this wagon that you speak of?"

Why it's the new (to us) McCaleb family wagon!  Yes, yes.  Here's a picture of the old girl.  And yes, I've posed in front of my car in the parking lot of Highland Village, please feel free to laugh at me.  This was right after stress eating some Beagle Bagel.  Which is, by the way, delicious.     
 You may be wondering why a couple with no children and limited access to outdoor activities needed a Subaru, the most outdoorsy of all cars.  Well.  I'll let you in on a little secret:
--
--
--
--
--
--
-- 
We just wanted it. 

BAM!  

Bet you thought I was going to tell you that the McCaleb's are expecting!  Muahahahaaaaa.  

Sorry. Wagon humor.  

No but really.  I'm incredibaly grateful for this sassy new ride and look forward to many long and happy years with the old girl.  I'm trying to decide on a name for it.  Susu is out since that's my mom's grandmother name. Obviously, this could make things confusing.   

Thoughts?

4.  Did you know that vegans can't eat honey?  W.T.F.  This means that I've been vegan um, um, twice since the start of the year#veganproblems

5.  Are you looking for a sweet and easy read?  Grab yourself a copy of "Help, Thanks, Wow" by the wonderful and Jesusy Ann Lamott.  
          
Remember, kids, you can't click to look inside.  Surf on over to Amazon and check it out.  But be sure to buy it from your local book seller! 
 
I've been an A.L. fan since reading Traveling Mercies last fall, this new book absolutely does not disappoint.  I'll probably put together a little post for you soon as I keep taking iPhone pictures of passages that I love BUT in the meantime, you can read more about it over at my friend Nancy's blawg.  

6.  I'm watching The Office finale special right now and can already tell that I'm going to be a blubbering fool in a matter of minutes. I did the same thing with Seinfeld.  Never really watched it but cried 8 Niles at the finale.  Who. Knows

What I do know, though, is that I'm wishing you a rip roaring happy weekend!!  Thanks for stopping by the Elevator today!   

No comments:

Post a Comment