5/30/13

Roasted Chickpeas and Broccoli

Sooooo.  This little beauty is from that hilariously foul mouthed vegan blawg, Thug Kitchen.  It's tasty and filling and, I assume, filled with healthy things.  I say I assume because I generally trust other people to tell me what's healthy or not healthy, clean or not clean.  I'm kind of a sheep when it comes to food.  Just tell me what to eat to be healthy, really, the concepts are way more than I can wrap my brain around.  I might listen. Or I might eat a lean cuisine.  I just don't know as I'm rogue like that!

So in the words of TK, eat like a champ, not like a chump.  And that's paraphrased, obviously, since many readers of this blawg are not fans of F-Bombs. 

Holler. 

OH and PS....for those of you who are counting WW points like mad, well I apologize because I don't seem to have written these points down on my recipe and I can't find them in my WW online toolkit!  Sorry!

PPS... Thug Kitchen would stuff me in a locker for saying "ww online toolkit." 
Roasted Chickpeas and Broccoli
adapted from Thug Kitchen

1 can of chickpeas, drained and cooked according to directions on the can
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1 1/2 tbl olive oil
1 tbl soy sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
juice of 1/2 lime
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

Combine the chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, broccoli in a large bowl.  Pour in the oil, soy sauce and all of the spices.  Combine every thing up really well.

Pot all of this on a large, rimmed baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.  Take it out, add in the garlic, give it a stir.  Return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes. 

Remove from the oven, add in the lime juice, taste and adjust seasonings. 

I enjoyed this shiz in a flour tortilla with some avocado.  It's also delicious eaten with a spoon right off the baking sheet, yo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment