6/27/13

Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole

Not to be a bossy blawgger but I don't think you are ready for this jelly.

Ready for what? you might ask. 

Ready for Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole. 

Whhhhaaaaaaaaat? 

Yes.  I went there.  I made it.  I ate it.  I loved it
So there is nothing redeeming or healthy or nourishing about this meal BUT if you are looking for an easy something to throw together on a Sunday night then this meal might be for you. 

If you are looking for an easy something to throw together on a Sunday night to help you to not panic while watching that Nik Wallenda turkey walk across the Grand Canyon, then this meal is definitely for you.  

It's also lovely paired with a carona light.  

But seriously, what isn't?  
 How's that for all one color?  Bam. 

This original recipe calls for some sort of dip that our fair grocer didn't carry.  This was not something I found surprising so instead of spending lots of energy on it, Win and I just put our heads together and came up with our own plan. 

Really, y'all.  Life is far to short to not eat trashy casseroles.  Join me in loving this dish.  And if you figure out the points, don't tell me.  I don't want to know. 

Buffalo Chicken Potato Casserole
adapted from Plain Chicken

32 oz frozen potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
8 oz buffalo wing sauce
8 oz blue cheese
4 cups of cooked, chopped chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups crushed Frito's

Preheat the oven to 450. 

Combine all ingredients except for the Frito's and place in a lightly greased casserole dish.  Top with Frito's.  Bake for 30 minutes. 

**I divided this up, cooked one and froze the other.  You know what that means...round two!


No comments:

Post a Comment