6/13/13

Summer Squash and Onions

If you follow me on Instagram, then you know everything about me know that mine and Brantley's garden is producing quite well.  I was pumped to pull into my driveway yesterday and find these goodies hanging in a plastic sack on my door.
Brandon was also pumped as his very most favorite summer side is squash and onions.  Quickly the what to have for a side with our shrimp mystery was solved and all was well in the world.
I've posted this one before but since it's Throwback Thursday on many social media outlets, I'll post it again.  Enjoy the butter, my friends.

Summer Squash and Onions

1 onion, chopped
1 lb of squash, sliced
3 tbl of butter, divided
salt and pepper

In a pan, heat one tablespoon of the butter over medium high heat.  Add the chopped onion and a pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.  

Add another tablespoon of butter, a pinch of salt and the squash, stir, reduce the heat to medium low and cover.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes.  

Uncover, increase the heat to medium high and stir constantly for about five minutes.

Remove from heat, stir in that last tablespoon of butter, season to taste with salt and pepper.  

Serving size 1/2 cup
Points plus 2   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment