7/26/13

A Few on Friday

1.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love Anne Lamott?  Well, I'm going to mention it again.  Someone shared this post on the FB recently and I'm so glad they did.  Like. 






2.  While we are being light and airy, let me tell you about my "Good News" pinterest board.  Check it out here! 

Lots of days in group I encourage the participants to share any good news they've heard.  This request is often met with blank stares because let's face it, not a ton of good news out there being shared with us. 

I started this as a place to stick little pieces of joy so that I (or you!) can go back and visit them when I'd (or you'd) like to be able to read some good news.  Read away.  There's one about a pit bull saving his owners life.  TWICE.  

3.  Enough sweet.  

I finished the book Z.  It's a train wreck.  I mean I know it's fiction but sister did her homework  and dear Lord both Zelda and Scott were absolute train wrecks. 

This is what I learned from it:  You were S-O-L if you were mentally ill and female in the1930s.  If you caused any sort of trouble, you were getting shock treatments.  

Do you know any trouble makers that would be beyond shocked were they stirring the pot in the 1930s?  I do....

4.  I love sausage biscuits!

5.  What I also love is this slightly cool snap we are having.    

6.  But what I love the most are the Patty Griffin tickets that I just scored!  October 12 at the Levitt Shell in Memphis.  Go go go!  It would be so fun!

Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I am in the middle of reading Z. I'm enjoying so far, and it is fun living in Montgomery and picturing her here.

    ReplyDelete