7/4/13

Chicken Parmesan with Pepperoni

Hey guys!  Happy Fourth!

Because I'm real into marching to the beat of my own drum, I'm going to share with you today not a grilling/patriotic/stars and stripes post but instead a little something about Chicken Parmesan.

Festive, right?  Right.  Let's move on.  

I decided to fix this last Sunday because it's Brandon's most favorite meal of all time.  But if you've been paying attention over here at the Elevator then you know that I don't do a lot of repeating of recipes so I'm constantly on the hunt for new Chicken Parm situations.  

This one was like two birds with one stone awesome as it not only made B happy as a lark but it also helped me to get rid of some more panko.  Still cleaning out the pantry over here, turkeys.  

One of the things that keeps me from making chicken parm a lot is the fact that it can be a schosche labor intensive.  To cut back on that this go round I get everything nice and organized before I started. 
Yes, there we go.  Stations.  Stations of awesomeness.  

Up next, it's time to fry.  This time, for no other reason other than I wanted to, I pulled out my Viking pan and legitimately fried this stuff up!  
Yes, please.  Love it.  

After it was fried up nice and golden it was into a dish for baking.  And saucing.  And cheesing.  
Not sorry for all that mozzarella.  Even a little.  

So a quick 15 minutes in the oven and a pairing with some pasta and you are good to go!  Eat it up, do your thing and if you are Brandon...save the leftovers for Chicken Parmesan sandwiches.  Seriously y'all he doesn't play around with a good chicken parm. 
Chicken Parmesan with Pepperoni

2 eggs
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
2 cups of panko
4 chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/4 inch thickness
salt and pepper, to taste
3/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella
2 oz sliced turkey pepperoni

Preheat oven to 450. 
 
Set up your breading stations as follows:
eggs and milk 
flour
panko

Salt and pepper the chicken breast. 

Head the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat.  Dip the chicken in the eggs/milk, flour then panko and place in the pan.  Repeat with all the chicken.  Fry for 7 minutes, turning over half way through.  

Transfer to a baking dish.  Cover the chicken with the tomato sauce, the cheeses and the pepperonis.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Serve with pasta.  

Sidebar on this one, guys.  The points are tough to calculate on this one because you end up not using a lot of the eggs, milk, flour, panko.  When I tracked points on this one, I tracked it as 16 points.  This was my best guess and I'm sure it's fine, yo.     
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment