7/16/13

Fried Okra

Oh my.  I have to stop frying things.  I'm sure you're worried about my arteries.  

Or maybe you haven't even thought about my arteries!  Maybe you're loving the fried stuff!  Or maybe your missing the points calculating.  

So many maybes.  

Regardless of all the maybe action let this be known:  fried okra is good.  

Amen.    
Fried Okra
from All Recipes

6 pods of okra, sliced
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup of cornmeal
salt and pepper
1/4 cup of vegetable oil 

Allow the okra to soak in the egg for about five minutes.  Toss the okra in the cornmeal and season with salt and pepper.  

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat.  Carefully place the okra in the oil, stir continuously.  When the okra starts to brown, reduce the heat to medium.  Cook until golden.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment