7/29/13

July Cookbook Club and Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta

If I could use one word to describe our most recent cookbook club meeting it would be this:  solid.  If I could pick a second word, it would be butter.  If I could pick a third word, it would be tequila.  It was good stuff, I tell you.  Good stuff indeed.  See for yourself!

Drink:  Tequila Cherry Lime Aid (stop it.) 

Appetizers:  Mushroom Puffs and Apple and Havarti Quesadillas


Sides:  Aunt Georgia's Squash Casserole and Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta (recipe below!)


Salad:  Lemon Mint Slaw
 
Main Dish:  Crunchy Catfish with Lemon Parsley

Desserts:  Bourbon Chocolate Balls

The lovely table!

Each one of these dishes were slap someone good.  I'm not kidding.  Lotta butter, lotta good.  

My contribution to the evening was the tomato and basil pasta. It was easy, fresh, made from items that I Brantley grew grew in the garden.  I made it exactly as directed in the cookbook and it was a bit oily, when I make it again I'll probably cut back on that a bit.  Aside from that, it was spot on!  Make it for a BBQ or something festive like that.  

Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta
from Come on In

1 lb fettucine, cooked
3 oz capers, drained
1/2 cup chopped basil
1 cup olive oil (I wouldn't do this much!)
3 tbl wine vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Serve either warm or cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment