7/23/13

One Pot Wonder Pasta

Last week while at home participating in a web cast CE on Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, I whipped myself up some pasta.  

Why?  Because I could.  And it was vegan day.  And I pinned the recipe months ago and wanted to finally try it.  
 
You know the one.  It's the one where you put everything into  a pot, cover it up and then have dinner (its magic!). 

Well, turkeys, I'm here to tell you that it kind of is magic.  But let's be real.  If you are me then you view lots of pasta dishes as magic.  

I'll for sure keep this one in my pasta back pocket for chilly nights.  Pair this with a grilled cheese and you've got yourself a solid winter supper. 

Why am I talking about winter?  I have no idea.  Just make this pasta.     
One Pot Wonder Pasta
adapted from Martha Stewart

12 oz linguine 
1 can diced tomatoes (don't drain them!)
1 large sweet onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 large sprigs of basil, chopped
4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil

Place pasta, tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices, basil, broth and olive oil.  Cover the pot and bring it to a boil.  Cook for about 10 minutes, covered, stiring every two minutes or so until most of the liquid is gone.   

Serving size 1 cup (makes 6)
Points plus 7

No comments:

Post a Comment