7/1/13

Panko Meatloaf

I cleaned out the kitchen cabinets recently, a task that left me feeling kind of worried about the number of expired boxes of panko that were up there.  

So what did I do about this? I bought more panko.  Naturally.  

Let me back up.  When the dust settled from summer cabinet clean out 2013, the cupboards were pretty bare.  Panko was required for my vegan black bean burgers, ergo I purchased panko!  But this purchase of panko was different from other purchases of panko. I purchased this panko with the promise that it would be used, and used quickly.  

Enter: meatloaf with panko.  

I know what you are thinking.  Meatloaf.  Loaf 'o meat.  Eww.  Stop it.  

Well, no!  I won't stop it.  This was dee-lish-ous.  If you like meat loaf even a little then try this recipe out.  And don't you worry.  Several more panko recipes to come...  
Panko Meatloaf

1 lb lean ground beef
1 cup of panko
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup of ketchup, divided
1 tbl seasoned salt (I use Krazy (wit a K) Jane's)
1 tbl onion powder
1 tbl garlic powder
black pepper

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a loaf pan with some cooking spray.

Combine the ground beef, panko and eggs.  Pour in 1/2 cup of ketchup.  Add the remaining seasonings and mix well.  Transfer to the loaf pan and cook for 1 hour or until done.

Serving size 1 slice (makes 6)
Points plus 6

No comments:

Post a Comment