8/21/13

Pasta with Roasted Veggies and Bacon

I know that roasting cauliflower and sweet potatoes may be rushing things a bit but really, I care not.  I'm not even going to talk about how hot we all are and ready everyone is for fall.  I'm not going to talk about it one bit.  
Instead, I'm going to share this recipe with you.  This recipe that I found in the WW Magazine that, of course, featured all fall recipes.

How's a girl supposed to stay in the moment?  

Oh well, moving on.  

I hate sweet potatoes.  With a passion.  This hatred is one that I'm hoping to change since I hear that in order to be self actualized and healthy, one should eat only kale, quinioa and sweet potatoes with the occasional piece of dark chocolate.

Since we all know how far this girl is from that (I chose french onion dip over running on Monday) let's just start with a few chunks of roasted sweet potato.  

Fast fact:  the Big Browne Hound adores roasted sweet potato!     

Enjoy!
Pasta with Roasted Veggies and Bacon
adapted from WW Magazine

12 oz fresh cauliflower and broccoli
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 1/2 cup sliced onion
2 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/2 lb multi grain pasta
3 slices center cut bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
3 tbl Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower, broccoli, potato, onion, oil and salt.  Roast in the oven for 35 minutes or until everything is getting soft. 

Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the package directions.  Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain.  Transfer to a large bowl.  Add the pasta water, the bacon, the cooked vegetables and the Parmesan cheese.  Toss to combine. 

Serving size 1 1/2 cup (serves 4)
Points plus 9

No comments:

Post a Comment