8/22/13

Shrimp Tortellini Helen Mary

I've got a little visualization exercise for you this morning.  Close your eyes.  Imagine a lovely bowl full of pasta.  Give it a cream sauce, some big gulf shrimp, some cheesy tortellini.  Now keep that image with you for the rest of this post.

Why?  Because I didn't take a picture of this dish!  Well, I did take a picture of this dish but not one that was worthy to post.  If I'm saying it's not worthy to post then you know it's bad, I've posted some blurry shiz on here lately!

But here is a picture of me being nearly mauled by a cat in a fabric store:
This was the dish that I made for our last cookbook club gathering.  It was at my house, one would think that I would have things together enough to do some better documenting.  Alas, I did not.  But I swear, I'm making it all up with this recipe.  It was really (really) good and simple to put together! 
 
And beware of cats in fabric stores. 
 
Shrimp Tortellini Helen Mary
adapted from Come on In
 
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbl chopped fresh parsley
1 pint of heavy cream
9 oz spinach tortellini, cooked
hot sauce, cayenne pepper, salt (to taste)
 
Saute onion and garlic in butter until soft.  Add shrimp and continue to cook until shrimp is done.  Add cheese and parsley and gradually add enough cream to make a thick sauce.  Fold in the tortellini.  Season to taste with hot sauce, cayenne pepper and salt.   

No comments:

Post a Comment