8/19/13

These Pancakes Have a Secret

Why is this pancake sitting in a shadow?  Because it's shrouded in secrecy.
What kind of dirty secret could this pancake have that's causing it to retreat to said shadows?

Well.  It all goes back to the McCaleb family (kind of)tradition of weekend pancakes.  It had been a minute since we'd had them and everyone in the house (well, Brandon and that hound) were pretty fired up. 

The bacon was in the oven, the dried ingredients had been mixed together.  Then, horror of horrors, I discovered that we were out of cow's milk! 

Gasp. 

I make the distinction that we were out of cow's milk because we were not, in fact, out of soy milk. 

I had two choices.  I could (or I could ask Brandon to) quickly scamper to the grocery to grab some milk.  OR I could just use the soy milk and play dumb if the pancakes tasted a little bit like edemame. 

Of course I chose option number two. 

As it would turn out, substituting 1 1/4 cup of light soy  milk for 1 1/4 cup of 2% milk makes for the lightest and fluffiest pancakes I've ever had!  I followed this recipe

Happy Monday turkeys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment