8/28/13

WooHoo!! Wednesday (ThankYouThankYouThankYou)

When was the last time you had one of those thankyouthankyouthank moments?  Mine was last Saturday, whilst jogging past Rice Hall on the Mississippi State University campus.  
What is Rice Hall?  It's a monstrous old building, gloomy and boring amongst it's newly constructed neighbors.  It's where my Mom lived, my sister lived, I lived while doing our thing at MSU.  

As with many people, my Freshman year of college was quite the interesting time.  And by interesting I mean I did things like pierce my eyebrow, score a 0.71 GPA and generally make people nervous.  I had no idea who I was or what I wanted but was convinced that I knew everything, blah blah blah you know what I mean.

As most lives do, mine turned out exactly as I'd planned not even a little

As I passed that dorm memories of flowy skirts and bad decisions came flowing back and I couldn't help but be overwhelmed with gratitude and say one of AL's top three prayers: thankyouthankyouthankyou.  Thanks be to God for the grand plan and the interventions and the firm and devastating no's.  Thanks be to my family for their support and their eye rolling and their hand holding.  Thanks be to my friends for their ears and their sitting with and their distraction.  Thanks be to life for it's chaos and its beauty and it's adventure. 

Amen.    

"Astonishing material and revelation appear in our lives all the time. Let it be. Unto us, so much is given. We just have to be open for business."  Anne Lamott, Help Thanks Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment