9/6/13

A Few on Friday

1.  Maybe you've seen this article floating around the facebook called "9 Questions About Syria You Were Too Embarrassed to Ask."  I read it and am glad I did.  Check it out here.

2.  Ugh.  I hate world conflict.  I wish we could just all sit around and enjoy meals together while listening to this song or songs that rock equally as much:

It's worth mentioning that in this delusionally perfect world, I've got amazing hair. 

3.  Also in this delusionally perfect world, there are no animals in need.  But there are animals in need and that's where wonderful rescue organizations come in.  You know I'm usually super focused on Akita Rescue but there are other ones out there.  Like Big Fluffy Dog out of Nashville.  I've become obsessed.  I'm probably going to buy a tshirt.  Guys come on....they need a van.  Check them out here.  Buy a tshirt here.  There's a corgi mix up for adoption and I can't even handle those short little legs...I can't really see them but I just know they are there....
 
Hey darlin'!
 
 
4.  What's topping my gratitude list right now:  the chicken sandwich that my herz-band just brought me from Chick-fil-A.  Yerm
 
5.  Speaking of that herz-band, we two are planning a trip to Nola in December for the celebration of our 2nd wedding anniversary.  Since it's never to early to start researching dining establishments....what suggestions have you?  And thanks be to Mary of Burning it Down for making me hip to Noodle and Pie.  That's happening. 
 
Happy weekend party people!  Make it a good one!

1 comment:

  1. This is a topic that you sincerely should NOT get me started on!

    Coquette is one of my favs - it's more on the fancy / expensive side. Mahoney's po-boys is awesome. CAFE AMELIE! It's in the FQ and has the most gorgeous courtyard. You MUST have drinks at the Carousel Bar in the Monteleone. Irene's Cuisine is fab, but they don't take reservations and there is often a LOOOOOONG wait. I could literally go on for daaaays. Feel free to shoot me an email / FB message if you want more recs!!

    ReplyDelete