9/18/13

Breakfast Pasta with Bacon and Egg

I've had some wild and crazy Friday nights lately.  Like, for example, last Friday night when I made a breakfast pasta and then was in bed at 9:30.  What?  Crazy-town.  

In reality, though, going to bed was the only option as one serving of said breakfast pasta could have probably taken up most of a five gallon bucket.  

What?  Joy the Baker said it was two servings!  Who was I to argue?  

So this pasta, you could totally make it for breakfast.  If you are in to doing things like boiling pasta and chopping garlic.  I am not.  Don't get me wrong.  I love mornings.  That's probably why 930 is my dream bedtime.  But I don't love to boil pasta and chop garlic in the morning.  To much.  To many dishes.  I'd rather spend my time drinking coffee and googling random facts.  

This, all of this, is why I chose to make this dish as a Friday night supper.  All of this + it's kind of (majorly) high in points and I always view Friday as a good day to splurge.  

Kind of carbonara, kind of breakfast, kind of awesome.  Enjoy!
Breakfast Pasta with Bacon and Egg
adapted from Joy the Baker

8 oz of whole wheat dried pasta, cooked
4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked pretty crisp
1 tbl olive oil
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tbl unsalted butter
juice of one lemon
small hand full of chopped parsley
1/3 cup of shredded parmesan
salt and pepper, to taste
2 eggs, fried using cooking spray

Place the pasta and the bacon in a large bowl, keep warm.  Heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Add the garlic and cook for about 5 minutes.  Transfer to bowl with the pasta.  Add in the butter, lemon juice, parsley, parmesan salt and pepper.  Toss until everything is melted. 

Divide among two (big) bowls and top with your egg.  

Serving size 1/2 of recipe
Point plus 21 (wherps!)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment