9/11/13

Red Snapper Fish Tacos

Guys.  I'm pretty proud of this meal I'm about to share with y'all. 

It's fresh, healthy and it photographed well.  These are all big deals. 

It was the final roof raise to a lovely weekend, one in which I got to do city things like go to Whole Paycheck Foods and sharpen my interstate driving skillz.

There was also a dinner at Tsunami (!!!!), much needed catch up time with wonderful friends, an engagement and BBQ nachos.  If that's not a solid weekend, I'm not sure what is. 

But!  Let's talk tacos. 

These tacos arose (arised?) from a dialetical crisis in which I wanted to cook something something tasty, exciting and different but didn't really want to put forth the effort required to cook something that was tasty, exciting and different.  I was on the phone with Sister Jennifer; she was telling me about the delicious fish tacos she had enjoyed at the beach.  I can do that, I says to myself, and set forth to find a plan.  After combining a few different recipes, this is what I came up with. 

Enjoy, friends! 
Red Snapper Fish Tacos

12 oz red snapper
1/2 tbl of olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
4 tbl guacamole
purple cabbage (about 2 cups)
1 tbl olive oil vegetable oil
1 tbl lime juice
8 small flour tortillas
siracha sauce
extra limes

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.  Rub the olive oil over both sides of the fish, season with salt and pepper.  Bake, skin side down for about 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.  Cut it into four equal pieces.

To make your slaw, chop up the cabbage and toss it with vegetable oil and lime juice. 

To build your tacos, take one tortilla and layer it with 1 tbl of guacamole, a little bit of the slaw, 1/8 of the fish.  (Cut your 1/4 of the fish piece of fish in half.  You dig?) Top with siracha and lime juice.

Serving size 2 tacos (Makes 4 servings)
Points plus 8

No comments:

Post a Comment