10/7/13

BBQ Chicken Pizza

How in the world did we know what to cook before Pinterest?  I'm not sure.  What I am sure of, though, is that my life would be real empty if not for the 8,000 noodle bowls that I've pinned.  

One day.  One day I'll make those noodle bowls.  And those Butterfinger brownies.  And that sushi.  And that maxi dress.

But let's not focus on tomorrow, friends.  No, no.  Let's focus on today.  Or two Thursdays ago, even, when I made this delicious BBQ Chicken "pizza." If not for my friend Swayze, I'd never have known the joy of this simple and tasty meal.  I'd pinned it, sure, but hadn't yet ventured to try it. 

What would you like to try today?  Maybe it's a new recipe.  Maybe it's tai chi.  Maybe it's red lipstick (eek!).  Whatever it is...rock it and do it with gusto!    
BBQ Chicken Pizza
adapted from Skinny Mom
 
1 flour tortilla
1/2 cup of cooked, chopped chicken
3 tbl BBQ sauce 
3 tbl corn / black bean salsa (wait for it)
1/8 cup of shredded cheddar cheese

Heat your oven to 350.  Stick the tortilla in there and let it start to brown.  Remove it and layer as follows:  the chicken, the salsa, the BBQ sauce, the cheese.  Stick it back in the oven until everything is heated up.  

Serving size 1 pizza
Points plus 9 

For the black bean salsa, combine 1 can of corn (drained), 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 red onion (chopped).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment