10/9/13

Crock Pot Tortellini Soup (it's a little sleazy and a lot of amazing)

Well, guys, I don't know what to say other than it's Pinterest week over here at the Elevator.  Pinterest and begging for money week.  That's what it's come too.  
Raise your hand if you're mad.  

Mine's not up.

Well it is up but that's only because it's raising the roof to how kick ass this soup is.  Yeah.  I went there.  I said the a-word.

I can't say for sure but I think my mom has made this 886 times so far this year and it's not even soup season yet.  But she probably didn't get it from Pinterest.  She probably got it when someone posted it on the face book.  Oh, Pegs. 

She says :  I mean I usually don't even pay attention to this stuff but this one just caught my eye.  So i tried it! 

I can see why.  It's easy, it's cheesy, it's not a stretch to call it sleazy.  It's basically a perfect fall crock pot meal.  This version is vegetarian but you can easily satisfy the carnivores in your life by adding a festive sausage or even some hamburger meat.    

Crock Pot Tortellini Soup

20 oz frozen tortellini (I couldn't find frozen.  I just got the kind you find in the refrigerator section and I stuck it in the freezer. Genius!)
2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
4 cups of vegetable broth
1 block of cream cheese, cubed
10 oz of fresh spinach

Place the tortellini, the tomatoes, the broth, the cream cheese in a crock pot.  Cook it on low for 4-6 hours.  About 30 minutes before you eat, stir in the spinach and make sure the cream cheese is melted. 

Serving size 1 cup (makes about 8 servings)
Points plus 8

3 comments:

  1. Trying this for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had this tonight.......yummy! very easy to make!

    ReplyDelete