10/10/13

Dark Chocolate + Peanut Butter aka a kind hug for your sweet tooth

I have a sweet tooth.  

But you know that.  You know that like you know that I can't spell and that I love Akitas.

But this sweet tooth.  It's big.  It's got a mind of its own sometimes.  It doesn't play around.  It will be satisfied.  

These are all reasons that it's a near disaster for a gal like me to purchase a bag of individually wrapped dark chocolates.  But I did it all in the name of science, really.  To test a theory that was shared with me at a workshop some time back in which the presenter discussed the benefits of mindful eating in getting the most out of your food.  He gave the example of dark chocolate and how if one eats a piece of it sloooooly, miiiiiindfully, enjoying not just the taste but the whole experience it's more satisfying and the person would feel less of an urge to eat more.   

Ok, therapy expert dude.  I'll try that.  And no i swear I'm not just using this as an excuse to purchase chocolate for personal consumption.  
Party people!  It worked!

This 1 piece of dark chocolate + 1 teaspoon of natural peanut butter gave my sweet tooth a hug good enough and kind enough so that the sweet tooth didn't feel the need to be all center stage and pushy.  At just 2 points plus it's basically a dream boat in the palm of your hand.

I can't even talk about how much I adore the peanut butter + chocolate combo.

Carry on with your Thursday, friends.       

     

No comments:

Post a Comment