11/8/13

A Few on Friday

1.  Ya'll.  The new book for the book club that I'm in is 700andonemillion pages long.  According to my calculations, I'm going to have to read 31 pages per day to finish it on time.   It's called The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and people say it's real good stuff.  I'm about 40 in so far and am whole heartedly agreeing with the people. 

2.  Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?  I'm starting this weekend.  I refuse to feel crazy town this holla-day season.  

3.  What about these 30 Incredibly Powerful and Moving Images ?  Check them out.  Some of them are tough to look at but they are really, really beautiful.  Here's a glimpse of a sweet hound that when he died, was buried in India with full honors.  He was a bomb sniffer.
19. Zanjeer the dog saved thousands of lives during Mumbai serial blasts in March 1993 by detecting more than 3,329 kgs of the explosive RDX, 600 detonators, 249 hand grenades and 6406 rounds of live ammunition. He was buried with full honors in 2000
 
4.  Guys!  The MS River Marathon is exactly three months from today.  Time, she's flying.  I've got a 12 mile run in the morning....anyone want to donate 12$ in honor of that?  Do it!       

Happy weekend, dear friends!  It's bee-u-ti-ful outside....take advantage.  Be present!

No comments:

Post a Comment