11/18/13

Sausage and Egg Scramble

Sometimes I get struck by a stroke of breakfast genius.  I can't predict when it's going to happen but I can say that the likelihood is pretty high that said breakfast genius is going to involve an egg.   
Eggs, don't you know, are incredible.  Incredibly nutritious, incredibly versatile, incredibly cheap.  But guess what?  I don't love them.  Things sure would be easier if I did, though.  Such a great protein source.  Such a great dinner on the fly.  

Not loving eggs is kind of new for me.  I can't explain it.  I can't trace any recent trauma that occurred while eating an egg that might have caused it.  Alls I know, though, is that I kind of have to force them down. 

You may find yourself asking why in the world did I craft a breakfast with an egg (or two) in the leading role?  Well.  Because they are nutritious.  And versatile.  And cheap.  And eating greek yogurt on the weekend just isn't something I can talk myself into.  

When faced with having to eat something that you don't like it helps to add something that you do like.  In this case, I added smoked turkey sausage.  Bam.  Done. 

This is meal is one of those meals that makes me think that I can throw things together without step by step instructions.  That I can function on the fly.  That I might survive in a zombie apocalypse after all.  These thoughts, all of them, are comforting. 

Sausage and Egg Scramble

2 oz smoked turkey sausage, sliced up
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 green onion, chopped
1 slice of swiss cheese (I used Sargento ultra thin)

In a small skillet sprayed with cooking spray, heat the sausage until starting to brown.  Pour in the eggs and the green onion, stir until egg is cooked through.  Throw the slice 'o swiss atop the eggs and let it melt.  

Makes 1 serving
8 points plus   

No comments:

Post a Comment