12/30/13

Spiced Chickpeas and Kale

Once upon a time (last Sunday) I wanted to go to the Pizza Inn buffet.  Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I couldn't find anyone to go with me so I was left to have what I thought was going to be a boring lunch at home.  

Well, well, well wasn't I wrong!  For one thing, it's never a boring lunch at home when there's feta involved.  Also, my Big Browne Hound continues to spice things up regularly.  By shedding.  And generally being awesome.  

But let's talk lunch.  I stumbled upon this dish when cruising the mother of distraction, Refinery 29.  It was billed as the holy grail of easy lunches so of course I'm all over that.  

Well friends, what they say is true.  It is amazing.  It's flavorful, quick, easy, cheap.  You need to run get a can of chickpeas, a bag of kale and a block 'o feta with much haste and do this.  

You're welcome.   
Spiced Chickpeas and Kale
from Refinery 29

1 tbl of coconut oil
1 tsp garam masala
1 can of chickpeas, drained
3 handfuls of kale
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 of a lemon, juiced
4 tbl feta cheese

In a skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat.  Sprinkle the garam masala in the oil and let it sizzle.  Add in the chickpeas and the salt and saute until they are golden.  Add in the kale, olive oil and a bit more salt and pepper.  Saute the kale until it cooks down.  Stir in the lemon juice.  

Divide this dish evenly between two bowls, top each dish with 2 tbl of feta cheese.  

Serving size 1/2 of recipe
Points plus 13
 

1 comment:

  1. I knocked out some Pizza Inn yesterday. Need to make this tonight to detox!

    ReplyDelete