1/16/14

A Few on Friday on Thursday

1.  Do you love animal rescue?  Do you love to run in 5ks?  Sweet!  Check out the Fondren Urban Ultra on March 29.  You can either run a 5K once or like 17 times BUT all of the proceeds go Cheshire Abbey. Should be fun!  It's the same day as the Viking 5K/Half but I hope to catch it next year.  Join me in donating what would be an entrance fee to this organization so they can continue their good work.

2.  I've read several really really good books lately.  The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra.  Both of them were real intense but real good.  Hope delivered in strange packages which is, in my world, the best kind.  Check them out!

3.  The Big Browne Hound has recently become obsessed with cheese.  This leads me to believe that a ham and cheese sandwich might blow his mind....

4.  Delta people:  have you been to Serio's yet?  Well, well.  You should go.  Brandon and I picked up last night and since I was carb loading, I got the Salvo's Baked Pasta.  Well, I probably would have gotten it anyway but it's a fantastic way to carb load, too.  The tamales are lovely as is the pizza.  And most things I've tried.  Also, it's bring your own wine.  That's always a plus!  PS:  the Big Browne Hound also enjoys a bit of hot tamale now and again.    

5.  Here's another reason why things are better when we work together. 

6.  As I write this, I'm chomping on a clif bar and gearing up for a 20 mile run.  I've run 18 so I can do this, right?  I'll report back later......
 7.  Aahhhhaaaahh!  I did it!!  I did it!!  It wasn't pretty, nor was it even a little bit fast but I did it!  If you are as fired up as I am about this you should mosey on over to my fundraising page and make a $20 donation!  Off to do some stretching.  And lay on the floor.  For maybe 6 hours.  

Happy weekend!  I'm heading to Charleston, SC tomorrow to celebrate one of my best ghi Lindsey's upcoming nuptials.  Excited doesn't even begin to describe it.  You got Charleston suggestions?   Hit me up!! 

1 comment: