1/28/14

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

Once upon a time, my good friend Leah and I used to meet up after my doctor's appointments in Memphis for an early meal at Macaroni Grill.  By early I mean like 4:30.  We'd have a glass of Pinot Grigio and get lost in a mixing bowl size dish of pasta.  It was beautiful and trashy and one of my favorites. 

So, maybe we only did this once.  But I wish that we would have done it all the time.  Why?  Because I love my friend Leah and I love the Macaroni Grill. 

But let's talk about the Macaroni Grill.  Sometimes, this happens: 

Me:  I wonder why you never take me to the Macaroni Grill. 

Brandon: Do you really want to go to the Macaroni Grill?  With all of the places to eat, you want to go to the Macaroni Grill? 

Me:  Hahahahaaa!  I'm just kidding (but really I'm not kidding).  That place is so lame! (heart breaks as I deny my true love for R's MG)  Let's go get something super hip. 

Brandon:  Ok.  I mean we can go if you want to!

Me:  No!  Ha.  Please.  No. (Yes.  Really though, please. yes.)

So basically, my love of redneck food + pasta in ridiculous serving sizes isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I'm just going to have to deal with it.  Luckily, though, God watches out for fools and babies and as it turns out, the pasta dish that I made for carb loading last week tastes just like something from the Macaroni Grill.  Thank you to the disgruntled R's MG employee that put this one out there.  I mean seriously...1,000+ positive reviews on the Allrecipes should have clued me in to this being golden.  

If you're turned off by the amount of times that I've mentioned Macaroni Grill (or R's MG), stop.  This shiz is good.  And it doesn't have any creepy ingredients.  Well, it doesn't have any fake creepy ingredients.  If you find heavy whipping cream and butter creepy then sorry, I'm not sorry, this one will freak you out!       
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
from All Recipes

3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
6 tbl of butter, divided
4 cloves of garlic, minced and divided
1 tbl Italian seasoning
13 oz of pasta (I used bow tie so I guess this isn't really fettuccine)
1 onion, diced
8 oz of mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup of flour
1 tbl salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
3 cups of milk
1 cup of half and half
3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz of shredded Colby Monterrey jack cheese
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup of sour cream

In large skillet over medium high heat combine the chicken, 2 tbl of butter, 2 cloves of garlic and Italian seasoning.  Cook until chicken is no longer pink.  Set aside.  

Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.  

Meanwhile, melt 4 tbl of butter in the skillet.  Saute onion, 2 cloves of garlic and mushrooms until onions are transparent.  Stir in the flour, salt and pepper; cook for 2 minutes.  Slowly add milk and half and half, stirring until smooth and creamy.  Stir in cheeses until melted.  Stir in chicken mixture, tomatoes and sour cream.  Toss with the chicken and the pasta. 

Serving size 1 cup
Points plus 11 

1 comment:

  1. We used to have the same coversation about Chili's. When we were living in Austin, we were joking around about going to Chili's one evening (joking because, gasp, it's so uncool to eat at big chain restaurants) with Jeremy's bro & wife & they were like, "Ahahah! Chilis! I mean, it's not that bad. Haha! If y'all want to go we can. Ok, we sortof love it." And, we discovered on that very day that we shared a mutual love for Chili's. And I am not ashamed to admit it.

    ReplyDelete