1/14/14

Mood Boostin' Shrimp and Grits

Nothing says Tuesday like Shrimp and Grits. 

Right?  No, probably not.  Shrimp and grits is probably the least likely thing one would fix on a Tuesday but stick with me, friends. 

I've had some bad luck with my running training lately and I've been slightly down with a slight cold.  Add this to the fact that I'm flying to Charleston at the end of the week and I've felt, I don't know, like I've got some feelings.  A sore throat and some ill preparedness with a dash of flight fear/being sick on a trip fear equals a need for a good supper. 

A good supper can really turn things around.  Next thing you know your slamming EmergenC, excitedly measuring your suitcase and adding new songs to your running play list (um, JJ Fad anyone??!!) and not even thinking about the rest of that dumb junk.  

Thanks be to Delta Meat Market for sneakily making me (well, Brandon) run to them and buy some shrimp by merely suggesting I have shrimp and grits for supper.  Clever. 
Look!! My remote! ^^^

Shrimp and Grits
from Food Network

1 cup of uncooked grits
salt and pepper
2 cups of sharp cheddar, shredded
3 tbl butter
6 pieces of bacon, chopped
1 lb of shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup of green onions, thinly sliced
3 tsp lemon juice
1 clove of garlic, pressed 

In a large skillet, cook the bacon until browned.  Transfer to a plate to drain.  Cook the shrimp in the bacon grease until pink.  Add in the green onions, lemon juice and garlic.  Saute for around 3 minutes. 

Meanwhile, cook the grits according to their package directions.  One done, stir in butter and cheese until melted.  Serve the shrimp over the grits.  

Serving size: 1/4 of recipe
Points plus: around 18 (kind of a guess)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment